The skincare industry is a crowded place today. Every brand is doing its best to become everyone’s favorite. What makes a skincare product successful is not just its branding and popularity but the ingredients it contains and the skin concerns it addresses. If you want the best skincare products for yourself, there are some important questions to consider before making your purchase:
1. Will it suit my skin?
You cannot buy skincare products without knowing what your skin type and skin concerns are. There are four main types of skin types—oily, dry, combination, and normal; sensitive skin is a concern that any skin type can have.
- Having oily skin means you have to use light gel-based formulations that are oil-free and will control your skin’s oil balance without stripping off natural oil and further clogging your pores.
- Dry skin types must go for creamy formulations that will provide the skin with the extra hydration and moisture it needs.
- Combination skin types must opt for mild and gentle formulations which will get rid of excess oil from the t-zones as well as hydrate the dry areas of the skin.
- Normal skin types have perfectly balanced, not-too-oily or not-too-dry skin. They can opt for any formulation that suits them the best.
- Sensitive skin is a skin concern that reacts very fast when the wrong product is used. These reactions can be irritation, redness, burning, and acne breakouts. People with sensitive skin need to be extra careful about what they put on their skin.
2. Does it contain the right ingredients?
Brands will try to feed you ingredients that may or not be suitable for your skin and you need to be aware of what your skin’s consuming. Do your research to know which ingredients are good for your skin and which are not. Try to look for active ingredients in skincare products that will address your skin type and skin concerns. Active ingredients are ingredients that particularly address the target skin concerns. They bring beneficial results to the skin in no time. Active ingredients are what make skincare products effective.
Furthermore, check for ingredients that should be completely avoided. If you have sensitive skin, you need to inspect it properly; a product may seem completely harmless but a patch test is necessary nonetheless.
3. Is it Dermatologist-recommended?
Who doesn’t want assurance from the experts that a skincare product is completely safe for use? It is always good to select products that are tested, approved, and certified by Dermatologists.
Check Out: Skin Q’s Dermatologist-formulated skincare products for every skin type and concern, containing active ingredients that show results in no time. Skin Q is India’s first Dermatologist-formulated skincare brand by Dr. Chytra V Anand who has over fifteen years of experience in understanding Indian skin.
4. Does it address my skin concerns?
The main reason why most people start skincare is to find a solution to their skin concerns.These skin concerns may be tan, hyper pigmentation, premature aging signs, acne, scars, uneven skin complexion, and more. It is impossible to find one product that takes care of all these concerns collectively. You must choose products that will address your skin concerns, one or more at a time.
Nowadays, brands have made things easier by introducing skin tests to understand different skin types and skin concerns of people.
Try the SkinQ AI Mirror: The SkinQ Mirror is India’s first AI-based facial analytics test for Indian skin created by celebrity cosmetic dermatologist and Chief Formulator of SkinQ Dr. Chytra V Anand. Analyze your skin quotient and get instant recommendations for dermatologist-formulated skin care products and a regime that suits your skin.
Is it worth the money?
Expensive does not mean excellent. It is good to invest in skincare products but you must make sure the products you are buying are worth the money. Good and budget skincare products are available in the market too. However, when you are buying high-end products, make sure it’s worth it.
When you have considered these questions, you are good to go to make decisions. After all, skin is one of the most important assets we have and it deserves maximum care.