Muscle building is a continuous process of breakdown and rebuilding. The substance creatine helps immensely to build lean muscle minus the fat.
Muscle building is often a long and arduous process when you don’t take protein supplements to sculpt and maintain the muscle. More to the point, you must ensure that the supplement contains creatine.
What is creatine?
Creatine is a natural substance needed for the strength and rebuilding of muscles. However, it is processed by the body before it can be used.
- Creatine is converted into creatine phosphate. In turn, creatine phosphate converts into adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP is responsible for muscle contractions.
- A deficiency of ATP can cause muscle weakness, attrition, and even spasms. Thus, creatine is one of the primary substances that help in muscle building and maintaining its fitness thereafter.
- Creatine supplements are often available over the counter, though it is advisable to take them on your doctor’s advice if you suffer from kidney or liver issues, or have chronic digestive problems or inflammation in the gut.
- Many drugs prescribed to persons suffering from heart and joint problems are prescribed drugs with trace amounts of creatine. These are seen to help in strengthening the muscles of the heart, and also in tissue repair and maintenance.
Creatine supplements – the easiest way to build lean muscle
Coming back to the efficacy of using creatine in your muscle building efforts, it must be mentioned that creatine supplements, and protein-rich foods like red meat or oily fish, have tremendous implications for those looking to lose fat and build lean muscle. In fact, it is seen to reduce the fat cells in the muscles while helping to build bulk.
* Creatine supplements are primarily taken by professional athletes because it is seen to boost performance. It may have a role to play in providing short bursts of energy, which is a critical component for competitive sporting events.
* Creatine supplements provide strength to the muscle, improve recovery times, and increase lean muscle mass by reducing fat cell content. It is essential if you are looking to bulk up your muscles via strength training and bodybuilding.
* It may have a positive effect for those who focus more on cardio than weight training. It is said to supply energy and protect the heart against the rigours of swimming, running, cycling and skipping.
How to consume creatine
Creatine can be consumed in supplement form. You can buy protein supplements in powder form from the best brands in India. You can easily buy creatine online in supplement form, though it will be part of a protein powder, such as whey protein or whey protein isolate powder.
Do ensure that you buy creatine online only from reputed brands that spell out the creatine content in the powder on the product label. If in any doubt about the product, please show it to your doctor before you consume it.